Thursday, June 5, 2008

Eve

It's been a hellva day.

Yesterday, my car died. I think, for good. We'll see. I'm trying not to stress about the car or money or all the things that are sitting in judgement in the back of my brain.

Last night, Double Secret Probation (that's our Quizzo team) played in our last game before heading out tomorrow. We won!...by a narrow, narrow margin. It was a great night to end on before the trek. Geo and K both brought cameras last night...and folks at the bar were buzzing both about our (insane) plan to attend the Finals and the doc.

This morning my extremely generous neighbor loaned me her car and all my errands - including dropping off my dog at my dad's. I'm hoping she won't be too much of a handful for him. We also had RV orientation and picked up the behemoth that we'll be trekking in. I'm packing now...waiting to hand the car keys back to my friend and then hopefully getting some sleep so when I get up at 3am to shower and take the trash out (I'm waaaay too beat to do it now), I'll be able to either drive or help navigate our way east.


Not sure that I'll be able to post much on the road, but I'll try!

Here's to an open road and safe passage to the coast!

No comments: