Tuesday, July 22, 2008

back in the saddle

Apologies to the .05 people who might be following this blog. After the trip to Atlantic City I was traveling much of the rest of June for work and then immediately went into intensive rehearsals for a play that just opened last week.

It is (finally) a new day, which means that I'm ready to turn my attention back towards the documentary.


I still need to schedule time with our cameraman, Geo, to look at the footage we currently have of the trip and see what's useable - sound and picture-wise. Hopefully, that will happen within the next couple of weeks. (He travels quite a bit himself and I've been completely swamped up 'til now.)

Our still photographer, Kristine, sent me proof sheets from the trip. I plan for the film to be a mix of video and stills with narration (and original music.) She got some great shots! (although I'm having trouble loading them here...curse my luddite ways.)

In other utterly fantastic news, my man Dave Lykins emailed me the original song he wrote with the documentary in mind. It's called Come Along and it couldn't be a better fit for this project. It's more spectacular than I had ever imagined it could be (and I had my standards up pretty high.) Having the original music is going to give up a huge leg up on how we edit the peice, so I'm extremely grateful that he's finished it and that it sounds so phenomenal!

With a song stuck happily in my head and with contact sheets to peruse, I'm thrilled to report that the quizzo doc slowly takes it next step towards fruition!


Stumbling, baby steps...but steps none-the-less!

No comments: